Our Vision: To build and operate a well respected, not-for-profit independent living facility for seniors within the Bowser community.
Our Mission: To provide seniors with comfortable, independent living spaces at low to moderate rents, while maintaining their sense of community near friends and family.
Our Objective: To enable Bowser and area seniors to remain in their community, continue to contribute in and to their community and enjoy their community long after they reach the point when they need to move from their home.
WE ARE MAKING PROGRESS!
As of May 2023, we have the following milestones in the hands of regulating authorities for approvals:
- Crown Land transfer from Ministry of Forests to Ministry of Housing – approved Mar 17, 2023
- Once the administration of the land transfer is completed, the following steps can be finalized/obtained:
- New Development Permit – submitted to the RDN for approval Sep 13, 2022
- Building Permit – submitted to the RDN Mar 31, 2021
- Project can be tendered and our proforma updated
- Provisional and Final Project Approvals from BC Housing
- We have received confirmation of $2.2 million in initial funding from BC Housing and will also apply to CMHC for federal funding assistance
Please go to Lighthouse Villa, Project Overview to see more details.
Helps to reduce the amount we will have to borrow and moves us closer to our goal of building Lighthouse Villa.